Snow Plowing Forum banner

SnowEx vs. Western Tornado

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  juspayme 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a new spreader in a couple weeks and want to get some opinions on the western tornado spreader. I have a Snowex 8500 already on one of my trucks and love it, however dealers now want $6,000. (installed). I was thinking about going with the 1.8 yard Western Tornado which would run me 5,195.00, I just don't know how reliable they are compared to the Snowex.

Any thoughts would appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 ·
monty5186;1361467 said:
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a new spreader in a couple weeks and want to get some opinions on the western tornado spreader. I have a Snowex 8500 already on one of my trucks and love it, however dealers now want $6,000. (installed). I was thinking about going with the 1.8 yard Western Tornado which would run me 5,195.00, I just don't know how reliable they are compared to the Snowex.

Any thoughts would appreciated.

Thank you.
I like the tornado and it runs good for me but in your case for the price difference
You can't beat having the twin to what you have That gives you redundancy in your operation
And that can be priceless. You now can stock some extra parts and cover both spreaders. Also in the event of a controller breakdown you can always swap

everything is interchangeable that's worth it IMO

#5 ·
I would stick with the same setup, and like also said installing plows, salters and dump inserts is the very simple. Pull a few wires and hook it all up the way you want it to be. The money you save installing yourself will shrink the difference between the 2 units as well.

#8 ·
What size are you buying? The 8500 series?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.