1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Vee Pro Spreader 8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SmsSnowPlowing, Mar 19, 2007.

1. SmsSnowPlowing

SmsSnowPlowing Junior Member

I am looking into getting a new spreader for next year and was looking at the SnowEx Vee Pro Spreader 8000. Is this a good spreader? My only concern is how hard is it to load the spreader into the truck? Im getting sick of having to get out and load my hitch mount spreader all the time. Any info would be great.

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have an 8000 and like it. The only issue that I have with it is that it will not always flow material 100% of the time. Usually 1/2 I have to stop and shovel the salt down and then its ok till the end. Thats with moist bulk salt, if you are using bagged salt then you should be ok. I load mine in and out with a fork lift so one man install takes 20 minutes. they do make a kit that makes it a one man job.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a Snow Ex 8000 and I made a dolly out of 1x1 tube and have dooly wheels on it. Its the same height as the truck bed, I just grab it and slide it on the dolly for storage. Not the best solution but it has worked ok for me for 3 years now.

Regards Mike
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

hammerstein, elevate the front of the spreader about 4-6inches and your material will flow with out problems. We had the same trouble andthiscured it for us,we have been running three of them forfouryears and no complaint.