1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Vee Pro 8000

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by tru450, Nov 25, 2013.

1. tru450

tru450 Junior Member

First salt box purchase and am tempted to bite on a Vee Pro 8000 for a decent price. Did a little bit of research and read a lot of harsh statements about it.

Is it worth my investment and time or should I keep looking?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What bad info did u read?

3. tru450

tru450 Junior Member

Not that I recall everything, but from controllers going bad to needing more vibrators to keep things flowing to "just junk junk junk."

Also, the auger getting jammed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I have one. It has been used for years. No real problems. 1 vibator but its in a dumpy and we can tilt it. Reg truck I would definitely run 2 vibrators.

Never store salt in it. That will give you problems. Ours have extended sides on them to make them carry more.

Costly parts on them thou.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well. We have gone through 2 vibrators on our 8000 but in comparison, other salters have gone through more issues then this one. As far as jamming,,,,,only with bad salt have I heard of a complaint

6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I have a 8000 that has been a work horse. I bought it used about 7 years ago. I did change the controller( to a karrier) and I had to add two extra vibrators. I think one additional vibrator is a must. the bulk I use to run was left uncovered and exposed and with two additional I never had any issues. I now keep my bulk in a container and I seldom turn on the third vibrator. Hope this helps..... And by the way garagekeeper sent it out to get galvanized for me it looks great now