1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Vbox owners get in here

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by vincent, Jan 16, 2012.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I have a 7500. Bought it last year and ran about 6 ton through it. Each time it was loaded I never noticed salt leaking out the back end.

Fast forward to last weekend, go to get a load, I notice the salt is very dry and fine. And then it happened, it was running out the back, fast.

Have any of you had this happen and what did you do to fix it?

After getting the 2nd and 3rd loads, I just stuffed a towel in the auger hole to stop the bleeding, but this has to be fixed.

Trying to fabricate a door of some sort.

Any ideas?
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

It has to do with the way the auger stops. Yes it sucks. I though of a lot of things and ended up using a bath towel stuffed up the chute!! A stuffer!! Haha
  3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I thought that also, but it doesn't make a difference, that I can see, where the auger stops.

I also understand the dry salt thingy, versus damp bulk, but still.

Should have bought a buyers.
  4. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

If you want to spend the money, there are solutions out there.... There's an extended baffle available as well as an extension for the rear metal deflector in the spreader.... The easiest way and cheapest is the towel or salt bag.... We've put the upgrades in our 8500 and don't have to use the bag anymore....