1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx V-Maxx 8500

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jj112, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

Ok Guys,

I,m seriously considering buying a poly/electric type salt spreader. The two I'm looking at are the V-maxx 8500 and the Buyers Salt Dogg 2 ton poly unit. Any thoughts or advice?
    The SnowEx is $2000 more than the Buyers but looks like a better built unit.
    Thanks JJ

2. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Have you looked at the new Western Tornado? I have looked at all the electric salters and found that the Tornado is the best for the money they are just hard to get right now.

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

The only problem i see with the Western is it is only 1.2 Yards. Kind of small for commercial use.

4. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

Thanks Dually,
    Thats one I haven't seen yet. I'll look at it. Seems everyone around here carries Snowex or Buyers which would make service and parts easy.

5. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

and I like the 2 ton capacity. Nice site nevrnf.

6. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Swenson also makes an electric one, im not sure much they but i heard that they are nice.

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i know a few guys running salt dogs very happy with them plus 2g's less
    john