1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex trans rebuild?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WOODY367, Mar 15, 2010.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Can anyone help by telling me how to disassemble the trans on a SnowEx 1075? The shaft is bent and want to either straighten it or have one made at my buddy shop. I can't tell how the gear comes off the shat. Is it pressed on and have to drive off with a brass hammer? I don't want to damage more then needs to be. Thanks

P.S. also looking for the batt. to controller harness for a 1575 or 1875.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Let your buddy do it since I take it he works in a machine shop . Might be better off .

3. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

I'm like 70% sure that there is a screw i have one at my shop I'm going there this afternoon and i'll take a look at it and try Central parts warehouse for that wiring they should have it

4. matt7791

matt7791 Member

take the snap rings off both sides drive it out from the bottom end( short end of shaft) shaft is tapered and has a keyway i am doing my 575 right now its not too bad just take your time ...matt

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Thanks for the info guys. I might try pulling it apart tomarrow and see ho it goes.

6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Hey, worst case scenario. I have a complete lower spinner assembly (from a sno-Ex 1075) that we took off (by grinding the heads off the 8 bolts that hold it on) that I would like to sell. It includes the electric motor (still good) the plastic spinner (kinda so-so) and complete gear box w/ rusty sheet metal that encloses it all. I could e-mail pics if your interested. Everything works good, I just modified mine w/ a Buyers motor and spinner-much more power.wesport

7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Ok, I pulled it out and removed the side cover. Cleaned out good, removed the seal, snap ring under the seal and the freeze plug. I can not find any other snap ring any where. Checked between bearing and gear and under the freeze plus. I tried to drive the shaft out and it all moves till the gear hits the housing. I don't want to beat this up to bad. Is there a snap ring I am Missing? And where?

8. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Snow4U PM sent.

9. matt7791

matt7791 Member

there is a snap ring on top of the bearing on the long side of the shaft it might be really hard to see take that one out and drive the shaft from the other end the bearing may come out with the shaft

10. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Matt-
    I removed the seal the long shaft side, then removed the snap ring under that. I cannot find any other snap rings in that transmission. Is there more than one? I trry driving the shaft out and it stops. I do not want to do any damage to the trans, so I just want to make sure that there isn't more than one snap ring. If there is, where is it? I did try driving the shaft out from the short side.

Thanks!

11. matt7791

matt7791 Member

12. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Sno4u did you get my PM's?