1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex spreader question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowcrazy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

This is my first post on this site fellas help me out. I bought a snowex mini pro 575 the other day and now im regreting getting something so small. Looked decent size sitting in the show room but now reality is setting in. I have a strip mall I will be putting between 60-70 bags of salt down and that would mean I would be loading a hell of a lot more than I want to be. I would like to find out if the wiring harness, control box, and everything from the 575 will work for the 1075. The reason why is I would rather not have to redo all the wiring and everything. If I can just buy the 1075 and plug it right into the stuff I already wired Im gonna do it. Any replies would be greatly appreciated........ No I can't afford a v-box. LOL Thank you very much Robin Wash Georgetown Ohio.
  2. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

I dont believe they are compatible...did you ask the dealer you bought it from?
  3. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Yeah I tried to call them and get an answer but they said they had to call me back. You know how that goes........... That was yesterday. I know that the specs say that the they use the same motor, control box etc but just not sure if EVERYTHING will work. I guess If I saw the plug that would seal the deal really. Maybe????
  4. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Pickup? Get a bulk load of salt dumped into the bed and then shovel it into the spreader as needed.
  5. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

What??????? Ya know your the second person Ive heard say that but darn..... I cant imagine having bulk salt poured into the back of my pickup truck. Its not brand new but its all Ive got. 2005 chevrolet 2500 in good condition. Wouldnt this rust your truck in absolutely no time????
  6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  7. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

yeah controller is same for those 2
  8. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Yes, it will not be nice on the truck. A spray on liner will help. You could also buy a poly bulk storage tub 42x48x30 or so and put the salt in that. Should run around $300-400
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

thats exactly what i did for my 575 last year, however bagged salt goes through it much better
  10. mrplow5885

mrplow5885 Junior Member

i have a 1075 on my truck now and had a 575 on my suburban. the wiring and control are the same for both. the only part of the wiring that changes is how long the whip coming out of the spreader is. bulk is too wet for either. i have used bulk in both. if u want to run bulk goto cpw or another place and get to universal vibrator kit. its about $275. i found it helps alot with bagged too.