1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex spreader control box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Scottscape, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I just hooked up my snow ex control box and I was wondering, whats the best place to power the other positive inside the cab?

2. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

I hooked mine right to the battery this way dont have to worry about blowing fuses

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

best to go right to the battery those motors draw alot on start up.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Scottscape
    If you are talking about the sub 12 volt feed to the controller (the little blue wire) then hook it up to any 20 amp circuit in the fuse center. If you use a 15 amp it will blow all the time. This is the feed to the vibrator circuit.

Good Luck Mike

5. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

Just blow up the whole box rather than a .10 fuse.

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

thanks guys

7. little pat

little pat Member

I ran mine to the battery, protected it with an inline fuse. You really need to protect the control box....very expensive to replace.

8. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

The factory direction specifies direct wiring to battery.

I have a terminal connection on my firewall and run all of my accessories (Plow, spreader, jumpers) off it. Keeps the battery cleaner & is easier to disconnect single circuits. Each individual circuit is then tied to a auto circuit breaker.