1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Speader compared to Western Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Going Commercial, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

I am looking for input and cost justification on the following spreaders:

Snowex model 1075 pivot pro = $2250 + install, handles bagged/dry salt and melts only
    but an optional vibrator can be installed to handle bulk

Western model 2500 = $1595 + install, also handles bagged/dry salt and ice mets

Is the Snowex that much better of a spreader to justify the $650 more in cost. THANKS
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I use a western and have no problems with it.
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Western or Buyers.. wold be our choice based on what we've witnessed in our area as true performers.
  4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

That price seems high on the 1075. I just bought 2 and they were under $1400 before tax. PM me if you want and I will get you a phone number and maybe you could get it shipped cheaper. My first vpro 6000 I had shipped from chicago and it was $500 cheaper than my local guy.
  5. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

the price on the snow ex is to high. if you look at my web site you will the list price is only 1749. BUt snowex say we must show list price on line. we do sell them cheaper than that.

snowex has a gear box on the spinner . western does not. we have sold may westerns and my customer have been very happy.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

short answer, no.:D
  7. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Have had SnowEx for years, bought 2 new 1075's last year and love them !!!!!
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't quite understand. Could you explain further?
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

10. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

i have heard of many problems on the Western 2500, but not the old model western 1000 and 2000. I have a snow ex 1075's and have had no problems. I believe there are posts on this site about the 2500 problems.

I do think your price on the 1075 is a little high, but I dont know if other posters are factoring in the pivot mount if yours comes with that option.