1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex sp6000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by saltheump, Dec 28, 2013.

1. saltheump

saltheump Junior Member

I've adjusted the chute up and down and still can't seem to get it in the position so it spreads evenly and not on one side or the other. Now unlike last year I am using bulk salt that isn't as fine as the bag salt I used all last year and now I have the problem that not enough product is coming out from the conveyor and with the sp6000 there is only a small opening. Any suggestions from some of you "old salts" forgive the pun. Is there any way to uncover more of the conveyor without destroying the salter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

I tried a lot of different things in 2 years time and could never get the pattern right ,and if you cut the inside baffle salt will flow out when driven.the size of the spreader is great in my short bed super duty because I can put a snowblower in the front and the spreader its light enough to take out by myself .honestly just sell it a get a salt dogg 2000 ,my new spreader out performs the 6000 by 2000%There is no comparison ,I spent so many cold hours and was never satisfied with its non consistent flow or spread pattern.sometimes on a heavy dusting I would lose track on my coverage because it would stop flowing briefly and not put enough material down.just sell it