1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex sp6000, vibrator stopped working randomly

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by puredreamz, Dec 28, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

in toronto got some rain and freezing temperatures so i went out to salt.

Everything was working perfectly, until i backed up to a pole and possibly bent the shaft on the spinner.

Now i cant remember if this happened before or after the vibrator stopped working. But it stopped and even for some reason when i flick the red switch it doesnt light up either.

any solutions, anyone?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you check the fuse?
    It could be burnt up.

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

from the controller or the vibrator, cant be controller cause it still works only vibrator doesnt.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

pull the plug and check for pwr and gnd when you turn it on. the light on the switch,,,that could just be burnet out.

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

doesnt make sense if if the light on the switch was burned, the vibrator still doesnt work. It doesnt turn on.

i think im just gonna run a power and ground wire straight to the vibrator just to make sure the vibrator isnt fried or done.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Those little snow ex vibrators sometimes jam up, turn on the switch and tap it with a hammer. ( The vibrator not the switch) If you are gonna run straight power to it make sure you disconect it from the controller first. A surge to the controller is never a good thing.

7. dieselss

alls im saying is,,,the light could have just burned out on the switch. turn it on then check for pwr and gnd. the light in the toggle switches does not always mean that you have pwr going to your load.

8. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

of course i would disconnect it, i basically would just wanna test it to make sure it works. But i think before i do so, im gonna try the simple method, turn it on and bang vibrator with a hammer.

9. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

now really thrown off, i powered the vibrator straight to the battery and it works.

i took of the controller and removed the switch cause recently it was changed i thought maybe a wire came loose or something, Nothing.

ANy other suggestions? is their anything behind the spinner thats related to the vibrator, that maybe when i hit the spinner a wire or something got pinched

10. dieselss

Could be, depending where you put the big connector at. And where you have the wiring running

11. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

nah big connector is in the bed under the spreader, the vibrator wiring is under the spreader as well basically where the vibrator is.

12. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

doesnt seem like thats the situation, wierd how it randomly stopped working, i tried the turning it on and banging on vibrator method same story, nada.

13. dieselss

Did you by chance check for pwr at the switch? In and out? Check for pwr at the vib connector

14. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ill check it out

15. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i changed the switch recently i think that might be in the issue, is it possible to pull the oem switch and try another 3 prong switch without messing up the controller

16. dieselss

yes you should be fine. switches are switches. only problem would be the mounting of it. but you could put the switch anywhere you want.

17. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

but could i use the same wires from the controller is what im asking, i basically just wanna see if it works with another 3 prong switch

18. dieselss

yea,,just as long as you hook them up correctly. you will have pwr in pwr out and gnd for the light.
    if you have the switch out, you could touch the pwr in and pwr to supply and see what happens. just dont touch pwr to gnd.

19. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

thanks, maybe its better if anyone knows what colour is for what, or at least which colour is ground so i can be carefully with it, usually its black but just in case it isnt i know theirs a green and yellow wire in it

20. dieselss

i dont off the top of my head,,,i would just test light the 3 wires.