1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex sp6000 spinner shaft replacement ???

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by puredreamz, Sep 2, 2012.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

basically last season gave it a tap, and shaft bent a bit. it still works just spinner is wobbling.

I wanna repair it before this season starts, i need some info on how to repair it and maybe where to purchase a new shaft.

is it possible to replace just the shaft or does the shaft and the transmission have to be replaced?
  2. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

can anyone help?
  3. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Re: SP-6000 Spinner Shaft Replacement

Sorry to hear about your spreader issue. A new shaft and transmission comes as one unit. You can find a local dealer by going to snowexproducts.com or by contacting our Customer Care team at 800-725-8377 who can help expedite this for you.

4. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

You can take the transmission apart. A local machine shop has rebuilt a few for me, they charge usually 50 bucks and build a new shaft out of stainless.

No need to buy a 300 dollar trans.
  5. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

The shaft can be straightened in a vise and while you are taking it apart replace the bearings'Trynex says they are not rebuildable but i have done several for alot less than $300 replacement cost.