1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex SP6000 or SP7550, fitment FOrd F150

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by puredreamz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Im about to purchase a 2006 Ford F150 FX4 truck, i just wanna wanna know in case the deal doesnt fall through Fords have the 5 1/2ft bed and 6 or 6.5ft beds.

Which salter would be more convienent to install, truck looking at now has a 5 1/2ft bed is this gonna create problems for the salt spreaders ?

2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

7550 worked for us

We used a 7550 in a F150 short bed and it worked fine. Call if you have any questions at 800-845-0499.

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

1875 Snowex

Check out the SnowEx 1875 spreader. We run several of them and they are awesome with the swing away gate option.

100_0192.jpg

4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

short box could mea 5 1/2 ft box or 6 1/2, i think even the sp6000 is a 6 footer. But like you said no issues perfect thanks for ur time.

anyone in the GTA selling a used SP6000 Snow Ex

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

We usually recommend something a little larger than the 5.5-foot bed. Perhaps you'd like to talk the purchase through with a sales rep at 1-800-SALTERS before pulling the trigger. Thanks for considering SnowEx products!

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

would love too but honestly probably looking into a used product, especially since i purchased a new tailgate salter and registered the product and till today i havent received my toque lol.

just kidding

7. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

hey wayne volz or any other member.

does anyone have pics so i can get a rough idea how far it stands out fromt he rear bumper

8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

7550 in short bed

Hope this helps. It rides fine if you add the overload springs.

9. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

any pics ?

10. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

7550 Pics

I am trying to upload a pic and it will not upload for some reason. Send me an email at wayne@wayneslawnservice.com and I will send it to you that way.

I have a good picture showing the 7550 in the bed and it looks great.

Sorry about the upload issue.

11. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

emailed you let me know if u got it