1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex sp-2400 / under tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by westcoh, Nov 19, 2009.

1. westcoh

westcoh Junior Member
    from alberta

Just curious as I can't seem to find any info on it, but how exactly does an under-tailgate spreader like the snowex sp-2400 mount to your dump-box? I have an International 4900 custom dump box with a 2-way tailgate and was just wondering if the 2400 will work with this setup. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

They all are custom install depending on how your tailgate latches. The 2400 replaces the tailgate unlike the regular ones that go underneath. Here is how I welded mine up for an ABC bed. Just weld angle on the frame of the spreader and put some steel rod on the bottom where it latches onto the bed. Same on the top whether it be rod or flat like mine. Top just depends on how your gate latches up top. If it wasn't raining I'd hook it up to the truck for another pic but this should give you an idea. If you want to know anything else let me know.

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

3. westcoh

westcoh Junior Member
    from alberta

Thanks a lot for the pics, that definitely helps. How do you like that spreader? Any issues with it?

4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I've had no problems. It took a little getting used to compared to the v boxes I ran in the past. After getting used to the settings I like it better. Worst part is my dump has an electric pump that is slow to lift the bed but once you tip it back the unit holds a good bit of salt so it's not like you have to put it up constantly. The built in vibrator helps keep salt moving and the auto reverser on the auger is nice if something big gets jammed before it drops onto the spinner.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is pretty nice but my mount kit that I bought was a waste of money! It would not work with my dump and I ended up not using anything from the kit. Cool spreader though!

It was heavier then I thought it would be!