1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex SP-2400 tailgate spreaders for dumps

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ultimate plow, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

2. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

It looks to me you have to have to keep raising the dump up to keep the feeder feed... not such a good idea to me. Secondly resale - you can only sell it to a dump body. I have a downeaster ss gas v-box to me its the only way to go. Just my 2 cents.
  3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

piece of junk. has way to many problems, was supposed to be released sept and didnt come out till end of Nov. Stick with a TruckCraft or Downeaster if you like the electric tailgate replacement. If your looking for one I might sell mine off since I wont need it anymore. Has new spinner motor, controller, and wiring. Or just go for the Vbox Stainless Steel. Good luck!
  4. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I definetly want something for the tailgate. V-boxs dont make much sense to me in a dump truck. I like the truckcraft and downeaster units, they look durable. Or is there better reasons for using a v-box in the dump bed orther than for more weight?