1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex showing codes (9300)

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by turbo5560, Dec 3, 2010.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i am using a snowex 9300 and it is showing the code "E1" and "E0". It does both depending on if the vibrator is on or not. If it shows either code, i turn the spreader off, wait a few second and turn it back on and it seems to work fine. Any one have an issue like this? Not sure if it matters or not, but the "E1" shows up on the auger speed display and the "E0" shows up on the spinner speed display. I looked in the manaul and did the trouble shooting, but doesn't seem to help. I noticed it the most when i would turn the spreader off and then back on within a second or so. Any help would be great!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

EO is electrical malfunction. I would check your wires and make sure all the plugs are tight and correct.
    Do not have the book with me right now but the auger could be going into auto reverse when you turn it back on and is why it works as that is what they say to do for a stuck auger.
  3. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

I had a similar issue with my 8500. For me those codes meant the salter controller isnt recgonizing the motors are hooked up. You could have bad connections, corrision in your plugs, bad motors. I cut off that stupid circle connector for the spinner, POS. I went to an anderson connector and got about 2 seasons out of one. I just had to cut that connector off because the spinner wasnt working.

Usually when the salter goes into auto reverse, AR will appear in the auger display of the controller, it will also beep and try to auto reverse 5 times, then if it doesnt work, oL will appear in the auger display.

Hope this helps.
  4. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Yes, your first step is to check your connections. Using dielectric grease may also help eliminate problems in the future.
  5. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

connections are good... still does it, mostly when i turn it off as i make a corner and then turn it back on within a few second.... does the whole system have to be completely stopped before it can be turned back on?
  6. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

The “EO” and “E1” indicates there is still a bad connection somewhere. Check all the plugs again to see if there is corrosion in them, and dress them with dielectric grease. Also, check all of your connections to the battery, etc. Do not cut the wiring harness or add anything to it. Our customer service team is available to advise you at 1-800-725-8377 for more information. Thanks!