1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex sanders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, May 29, 2002.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I saw one the onther day going down the highway.Kinda late to have one on the truck but I thought after seeing it that it must be a new model.Does any one have there web site ,this one looked to be all pastic like the fisher speed caster but it slid into the bed like a regular v-box.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I tried looking up SnowEx and all I got on their Homepage was a bunch of Japanese-looking characters. I looked up a dealer that sells SnowEx. It looked like they only have tailgate models in 5.75 and 10.75 cubic yard size. Appearance - similiar to the Fisher models. No V-box models shown, so maybe this is something new for them. I have seen V-boxes that were about four feet vs the usual 8-10ft. Maybe they made something to use with a 3/4 ton.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think you meant cybic feet as cubic yards would be a large tailgate unit. Smaller v-boxes are available for 1/2 ton and small pickups (Toyotas, S-10s, etc) I have not seen any with plastic hoppers though. Stainless seems to be the trend for longevity but I suppose a good framework could support a plastic hopper.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, I suppose a 5 or 10 YARD tailgate would put a strain on a 1/2 ton. My Dodge would handle it fine, though:D .

5. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Yes, the company that makes the Snowex spreaders Trynex, who also makes the curtis tailgate spreader, has come out with an all plastic slip in model, I believe they call it the model 6000, it is an electric unit, I do not believe Trynex has a website up at this time, you will have to find a snowex dealer for more info.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am very interested in seeing this. One reason why the summer is still interesting for snow removal. All the new products are introduced now.

Maybe I can demo one;) ;) ;)

7. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

Just saw unit your talking about in Snow Bus. Holds 1 yard, has two electric motor. I requested more info.

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would like to see that when you get that info on it,Saw it for just a split sec going doen the highway .looked pretty good what i saw which was not much .

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

just saw a pic of it in lawn& landcape on page SB28 it's called the snow ex vee pro 600 spreader. will have to send for more info on it looks prety good .