1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ShadeScapesInc., Dec 13, 2009.

1. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

I got a 575 and when I turn it on the controller shows "99" and switchs to "10" while beeping, it just keeps repeating what i described, I think the controller and harness is good as it runs my backup unit fine(325). In trying to firgure this problem out I took the cover off and replaced the wire/plug because of a worn spot. but still does the same thing. Also sometimes it seemed like the motor did spin for a second or two. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Check your ground, and clean it very well, we have been going through the same thing with ours

3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Make sure the truck side plug is good. I have to twist mine sometimes when its connected to the spreader to get it to work.

4. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

thanks for the input, still kinda doesn't make sense that the 325 works fine, I will double(make that triple now) check my wire connections on the motor.

5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

When you first start it up it will start at 99 and drop to 10 or whatever speed you have set, the larger spreaders do this to "free" the auger, but if it repeats then the auger is "jammed"