1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex preaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bbuskett, Nov 17, 2009.

1. bbuskett

bbuskett Junior Member

Looking to buy snowex 8500. Any thoughts? Are they worth it? Options?

2. I'llPLOWYou

I'llPLOWYou Member

I have not used the 8500 yet but Snowex makes the best spreader available. I have used the 1075s, 1875s, 6000, and 7550. I have not had trouble out of any of them. The poly construction makes them so much lighter and allows you to carry more material with you and stay DOT safe. If you start with the best you wont have the headaches from the rest!

3. HTI

HTI Member

Don't have one but I am installing a Salt Dogg 2000 this week. Seems like a better buy for the money. I was torn between this and the snowex 8500

4. bbuskett

bbuskett Junior Member

Thanks for your input. I like the Snowex, but just wanted to see if they are durable. Any problems with the poly holding up?

5. I'llPLOWYou

I'llPLOWYou Member

No problems at all with the poly. You may find a "cheaper" spreader but it is probably gonna be just that, cheaper. Obviously, the last thing you want is a box malfunction at 2 am when you are trying to make money. I would reccomend a Snowex box to anyone out here!

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

The 8500s are top notch. they spread great and are very durable. My boss has 3 of them and im going to have one in my truck this year.