1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEX Plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tiggy, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tiggy

Tiggy Junior Member

Have a dilema. Got an 05 Toyota Tundra and I'm torn between a Meyers 7.6 plow (440 lbs) 5 yr warranty for $4100 and a SnowEx 7.2 plow(310 lbs) 2 year warranty $4000. Home use only. Any suggestions?
  2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I'd take the snowex since you're using it for home use. I personally have no preference for either plow but if I had to choose I'd go snowex
  3. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Any of the home plows will be fine. Suggest 7 1/2' I prefer the snowdogg and with a back drag blade added I'm at that 440lb mark. Stainless mold bord and great support from Scott here on the forums.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If your stuck on Meyer or Snow Ex, go with the Snow Ex 7.5' Regular Duty. The 7'2" plow is to narrow and to light duty and the 7.5' Regular Duty only weighs 406 pounds so it's still lighter than the Meyer. I personally would put a 7.5' Fisher HT on your Truck.