1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Piv Pro 1075 Problems

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lawn Care Plus, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

I bought a SnowEx Pivot Pro 1075 on ebay. I wound up having to buy a new wiring harness for it, and have it all hooked up.

I am getting power to the control box but nothing is happening with the spreaders motor. Nothing.

On the box is a seperate connection for a spade connect that I have nothing going to it.

Does that need to be connected in order for this thing to work, and if so, where does it connect to??

Than you,

Tim

2. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

The single spade connector is the 12v supply line in...yes it has to be connected (use fusable link) for the controller to send power to the motor.

3. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

you should have four wires going into the back of the controller. one positive from the battery, one ground from the truck, one positive going to the spreader, and one negative going to the spreader. I have a 1075 and I have four wires running into the back of the controller. Does the controller beep of have any sort of light come on when you switch it on?

4. Lawn Care Plus

There are four wires -those in the harness. There is the fifth, which is the one I am asking about. There is no ground going to the truck itself except the one near the battery.

There is no wire coming from the box for ground, as there is on a Myer box.

There is only the power light coming on. No beeps, and nothing else. The Digital Display is blank.

Thank you,

Tim

5. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

I am not sure what the fifth wire is. I only have four wires. Positive and a negative from the battery going into the controller box. And a positive and negative leaving the controller box going to the spreader.

What year is the spreader/controller?

The ground going to the truck is the one near the battery. You can either hook it to the battery or ground it on the truck somewhere. You have power to the controller if it is lighting up.

Hook the spreader directly up to your battery. Dont do this permanently but just to see if the spinner will turn. You may want to reach down and give the spinner a couple of turns just in case it may have seized up.

My best guess as of right now is that the controller may be bad.

If I unplug my spreader from the controller it will start to beep and it displays EO or something like that.:dizzy:

6. Lawn Care Plus

It was the 12v single line going to the fuse box, just as Indy said.

Thank you Indy!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for replying.

Tim

7. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Omega 1030 Spreader Motor Controller

Indy is right. But if you still have a control issue after you hook up the single wire, Karrier offers the Omega 1030 for your application. They work great and come with a 2 year warranty for only $229.00. www.karrierco.com

Bob