1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Parts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by REO Snow, Mar 2, 2016.

1. REO Snow

REO Snow Junior Member

Backed my SnowEx 1875 tailgate spreader into a pole and bent the shaft on the spinner. Any recommendations on a good place to get parts,and what other parts will I need besides a new shaft.

2. MULCH CENTER

MULCH CENTER Junior Member

Ha! Been there, done that exactly.

IME, they won't (even with begging at factory) sell you just the shaft--you need to buy the whole expensive gear box.:(

Here's what I did--pull the gearbox; remove spinner.

get a helper, put it on an anvil and use the sledge until straight!
    Shaft is not hardened and it bends easily (as you know).

When I got it close, I used a piece of conduit slid on to find high spots.A straightedge would work as well.

Mine still wobbles a bit, but I figured if it destroyed the bearings, I was looking at a new gearbox anyhow. Well that was several years and many spins later and it's still going strong.

Other than that, the internet, or Wauconda Car Care in Wauconda, Il. does a lot of truck mods and are dealers---VERY knowledgeable and helpful. Prices are better than big truck shops. They even saved me hundreds on a vibrator motor by telling me the factory had issues with some and replaced and installed mine for free! They could have sold me a new one and I'd have never known.

Good Luck and let me know how it turns out!

Looks like a D6317 selling for about $329 + frt. online.... That should be all you need, to answer your question.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. MULCH CENTER

MULCH CENTER Junior Member

Curious-- Is REO Snow a Toro Reference?

As I recall, It was:
    Random E. Olds (as in Oldsmobile);
    Then REO Motor Works (As in Trucks including the REO Speedwagon Fire Truck)
    Then Wheel Horse Lawn Equipment (The Originals)
    Which became present day Toro.

Just a bit of trivia for today....

4. REO Snow

REO Snow Junior Member

The REO stands for the initials of my name