1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Mounting.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by The Grassman, Nov 1, 2003.

1. The Grassman

The Grassman Member

Does anyone have picture's or something on how the snowex 1075 spreader mounts to the truck. I know it has to be drilled in somewhere at the bumper and top rail. Do you still have to drill if you go with the optional hitch mount? Which is easiest to remove hitch mount or swing away? How easy are these units to mount the dealer wants like $500 CDN to install.

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Not sure what $500 CDN equals to US dollars. We generally get $200 for this mount install, wiring included.

The swing mount is the way to go if you are going to be using a lot of palletized material.

The hitch mount is ok but you really need two people to remove and install comfortably. Expecially during a storm.

The swing mount only requires a total of 6 holes (4 in bumper, 2 in bed rail) Not that noticable.

Will take you and a buddy a couple of hours. You can PM me and I'll help describe some mounting procedures. Good Luck.

3. Tom Prevette

Tom Prevette Junior Member

What did you finally come up with mounting your spreader? I bought a new 1075 and need to mount it to a Dodge 3500. Not sure if I could use an extended receiver similar to a bike rack or a swing mount used for commercial leaf vacuums. Any thoughts?