1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Mini-pro 575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GSShelper, Nov 27, 2009.

1. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

I have a Snowex Mini-pro 575 spreader, and had some isssues with it and wont go into detail ..but had the motor rebuilt (for free) but i think they built it too good and it draws too many amps :dizzy: , so the controller keeps showing OL code which i know means overload(and this is just plugging it into truck with out being on the spreader just the motor alone). my question is, who has the best prices on replacing the motor?. and also i have found a site where it says to use Aeroshell 33 grease in the transmission, is this a common greas i can get at a hardware store or do i need to order it online? or what can i use compareable?

Thank in advance to anyone who replys and i hope Y`all make a buttload of money this season! xysport

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Do you want a oem motor or an aftermarket motor.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That is to bad to hear about your troubles.

I have had excellant luck with mine.

4. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

Smokejmpr....ill take a price for both,,,,, and delivery to hammond indiana 46323

Crete.....dont get me wrong it has been a great spreader ,,, everything that wrong with it is my fault.....again dont really wanna get into it,,,lets just say you dont wanna disassemble the spreader motor housing-auger-spinner disc,,, with a hammer..LOL the damage was nothing to do with maufacturer

thanks guys
    im also considering selling it without motor actually thats why im repairing to sell it but im not sure what i want for it.:nod:

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey what is the prob with the motor i run a few 575's and have rebuilt them many times here are some old links http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=34440 the bearings and seals are around 50 bucks are you sure the wires are hooked up correct that can also send the controler into overload:popcorn:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009