1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx mini pro 575 trans rebuild help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 14, 2010.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well the old girl said she's had enough and let me down...anyway where can I get a rebuild kit for this unit (Snowex Mini Pro 575). The last two years I've had to turn the spinner by hand before I could use it and it was noisy and would vibrate when running.

2. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I do not think there is a rebuild kit out there. Also, the transmission looks preety well sealed making it difficult to open.

4. DJ Contracting

Ok there used to be a guy on here that had Bronco ll's and snowex spreaders that he rebuilt, however I don't remember his screen name.

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

your better off buying a whole new power unit. Bout $700. Most of the times the augers rust on and u break a few things taking it apart. Good luck though

6. DJ Contracting

I thought I updated this thread but see it was on the Central Michigan thread..in the process of taking it apart I found a large rock stuck in the auger, which caused it to bind up. Since then I fabricated a sift shield to catch any large objects, now it's working again. thanks for the info and help -Joe-