1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex liquid sprayer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ddefore, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ddefore

ddefore Junior Member
    from mi

Have any of you had experience with snowex liquid sprayer? looking at 300 gallon system,,, any input would help as I'm new to liquids this year.

2. ddefore

ddefore Junior Member
    from mi

ok so,, no one as used snow ex I guess,,,,,, any input on liquid calcium chloride applications would help

3. bytheyardlandsc

bytheyardlandsc Member
    from ohio

Going to be trying it myself for first time this year also. Salt prices are getting to high. Built your own. But use a gas motor.

4. Cheap and over priced, first year I had a snow x I had the tank split down the seam, plastic fittings crack, and pump crap out , build your own for half the price

5. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

We have used a SnowEx for the past 2 seasons, it's a nice unit for smaller properties. The three head spray boom is a handy feature and the maintenance is minimal with having 12v pumps. However, because this unit uses 12v pumps (even with the high gpm) you can't drive to fast otherwise you won't put down enough material. There is an adjustable unloader but you can only get so much out of a 12v pump. My suggestion is if you are looking to use liquids on smaller properties then a SnowEx unit will work just fine but if you're planning on using it on larger properties then look for (or build one yourself) a gas powered unit.

6. ddefore

ddefore Junior Member
    from mi

Thanks for the help.... when you say small lots,, I have a bunch of 1/2 acre sites,, will that sprayer be ok?

7. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Yes I would say 1/2 acre or less.

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We are in the middle of making our own using an old 300 gal lesco tank, gas motor and pump, 3 zone boom sprayer with electric solenoids. You can buy all the parts online at Dultmeier.