1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex flow gate kit

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DP Property, Dec 2, 2008.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi Guys ,

Will the snow ex flow gate kit help me save some cost in salt? I find my 1075 spreader throws pretty heavy.

Here is my dilemma. I am doing a few Tim Horton drive throughs when running through can get stuck behind a car . The snow ex spreader if I turn it off and then on again 9 out of 10 times it will blow the 20 amp fuse under the hood . I thought this was a problem with my last one I bought a new 325 micro pro last season. It would also blow fuses unless you first get out of the truck , and give the auger a manual spin. Then you will be good to go. The new 1075 has the same issue so it is obvious that it is a snow ex problem.

So If I am stuck behind the car in the drive through I can't shut the salter down or I might blow the fuse. If I had the flow gate kit how much can you restrict the material. Does the flow gate kit help prevent the auger from getting jammed, and blowing fuses?