1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx dealers on LI???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by linycctitan, Oct 16, 2009.

1. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Looking for info and pricing as I am preparing to purchase a new salt spreader to add to the mix this year. Got plenty of info and pricing on Boss, Fisher, Meyer & Buyers units, but am having a hard time finding a local SnowEx dealer. Tried their website and their dealer locator does not work. Help!!!!

2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Not sure there are anymore dealers on the Island. Might want to check Bissett Equipment, not sure if they still carry them or not.

3. linycctitan

Funny, I deal with Bissett all the time, but never thought to check with them. I do know they are a Curtis dealer. Thanks, I'll check them out.

BTW - Any pallet pricing available on 50# calcium pellets, 50# CMA or 50# rock salt (sodium, not that potassium junk) yet?

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I'm still waiting on my bagged pricing to get worked out. As soon as I have it I will post. Talk to Chris at Bissett, if he doesn't carry it, I am sure he can get his hands on them. They were carrying some other brand when I talked to him last.

5. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Trius has a few Swenson's left if you want to go that route... They seem reasonable.

6. linycctitan

Yeah, looks like there getting out of Curtis and into Hiniker over there. They have a few Curtis vboxes left and are now selling Magnum spreaders. They look like a cross between a Meyer and a SnowEx. I'll have to get a bit more info and take a look at them.

As far as bagged pricing, I'll PM you my email and fax, and if you could shoot a price sheet over once you get it together I'd appreciate it. Looking to make some buys in the next few weeks. Thanks.

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Sent ya a pm, here's a pic

IMG_0938.JPG

8. Comet

Comet Senior Member

A SnowEx Dealer in your area that installs spreaders is

RW Truck Equipment

PH# (516) 756-3666

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Just saw this thread and went to respond about RW, you beat me to it. They are great to deal with, i bought lots of stuff from them in the past. There are also a Meyer dealer. They are located on rt 109 about 2-3 miles east of rt 24. There right on the Nassau/ Suffolk boarder. Good luck.

10. linycctitan

Thanks guys! Yeah, I got numbers from them this past week. WOW! Either SnowEx is really pricey or RW has a big markup. I tend to believe it is SnowEx though as I've heard many good things about RW.

11. Quality SR

I have heard from other guys that they are pricey. RW has prety good prices, and service. I am looking for the guy dealt with business card when i find it ill PM it or add it here.

12. Quality SR

I found it. His name is Tony, he is a great guy. Very helpful. Here is the info off the b. card.
    994 Fulton St./ RT109
    Farmingdale NY 11735
    516-756-3666
    516-756-3661( fax)
    www.rwtruck.com
    Email- Parts@rwtruck.com