1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Controls

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by W8N4snow, Feb 19, 2008.

1. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I have a Snowex 1075 and want a momentary button as well as the variable controller when needed. I need to figure out how to safely connect both to the salter. My old Meyer Mini had a rheostat controller and I grafted a momentary push button across the ON button which I then ran to my console for a quick blast for my short Condo drives. When I turn on this new Snowex controller it "thinks" for like 2 seconds before doing anything, then blasts at full force before reducing the speed down to what the dial is set at. Takes too long to place the salt and over shoots the small areas. I want to add a momentary switch to the harness, power on to the salter, power off. I think I remember someone adding a Diode to the power lead to keep the current from back feeding up into the controller when it's off and the momentary power switch is used. Should be a simple 12v switch and 12v 25amp relay or solenoid setup but not sure of the exact connection. Anyone familiar?