1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Controllers Illinois

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snowball, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

I have a snowex controller (model #D6230) and the controller won't power up. I have power through the harness at the back of the controller but nothing happens when I turn it on. It is one month past the two year warrenty. Is there anyway to test thes units. We may be getting snow tomorrow so if anyone knows of any dealers anywhere near chicago who are open on sunday I may just try to go and buy a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

take the cover off (4 little allen head screws) check to makesure you have power inside the box. if so there is a relay in there that goes bad mine just did it. if i tap on the relay it will run till i shut it off. if its shot check with "KARRIER" he sells aftermarket that are supposed to be better than OEM i talked to him the other day and im getting on next week.
  3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

the on / off switch went out on mine. I ended up wiring a toggle switch on it, they wanted $60 for a new oem switch
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Do yourself a favor and buy a new one from Bob at Karrier Company in Ohio. I had 2 snowex controllers go bad, worked when I was done in the spring, come fall nothing worked.
    Bob is also cheaper than snowex.

Regards Mike
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Karrier makes excellent units, they're not digital, they don't tell you amp draw or unit temperature, but they're energizer bunnies for surewesport
  6. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Thank You

Thanks to everyone for there responses. I am going to order a new one from Bob. The problem with this one was that the plastic wire harness had overheated due to the transmission bearings going bad. They liiked very clean but the plastic had melted and was holding back ever so slightly one of the contacts. Put a temporary fix to the problem but I'm going to get a new harness and controller.

MRUSSELL Member

my controller went out under warranty a couple years ago, and they replaced it . then last year i had to keep messing wiyh the switch to get it to come on, finally when i went to use it this year i would not turn on at all i called snow x and they sent 3 power switches for free and that solved my problem