1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by clark lawn, Sep 28, 2010.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

well i got a year and a half out of a snowex controller. would you guys suggest a karrier controller? do they last any longer? first one lasted for 2 years and now year and a half on this one.

2. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Which spreader are you running? SnowEx has different controllers...

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Karrier is like gold. My salt dog has 5 hard seasons on the karrier controller. Zero issues.

4. clark lawn

from NE ohio

got a V-PRO 8000

5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Where would I find info on Karrier controls?

Bossman

6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Here is the info.

www.karrierco.com

Bought a controller from them last year, they were great to deal with.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I bought a Karrier controler from Bob 3 years ago for my Downeaster dump insert salter, no issues at all. Would buy from Karrier again in a hot second.

Good Luck Mike

8. clark lawn

from NE ohio

well i relized that my controller was under warrenty still so i called snowex, they told me that 90% of controller issues are not really a bad controller. they put me in touch with a dealer that could test it and it tested good, also had my old one with me and it tested good. snowex told me that most of the problems are in the bumper plug. i did what they said to clean it up real good are lubed with dielectric grease and it works fine now. the connections looked clean to me beforehand but i guess they werent good enough.

so anyone with controller issues BEFORE you go buy a new one find a dealer that can test your old one, only took about 5 minutes. Then check the bumper plug.

9. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

....and then replace it with a plug that actually lasts throughout the winter.

:cool:

10. bigmac1276

bigmac1276 Member

I agree. I had the same problem thinking it was the controller and it was the plug not making a good connection.

11. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Karrier makes a good product, Bob is a great guy to deal with also.

12. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Bob at Karrier also makes plug and play harness to replace the snowex harness.

Mike