1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex controller warranty?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Camden, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

My Snowex controller broke on me yesterday. Today I figured out exactly what component inside the box is broken. I looked on Snowex's website and this is what it says about their warranty:

>Industry-leading warranty: SnowEx was the first to offer a 2-year warranty standard on all equipment and a 12-month warranty on genuine parts.<

Is the controller a genuine part or standard equipment? My unit is over 12 months old but less than 24 so I'm wondering if it's covered.

Anyone?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would say it is covered.

The 12 month warranty would be for replacement controllers.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Makes sense to me. I'll take it in tomorrow :salute:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It would fall under the original two year warranty if it's the original unit included with the spreader Roy.

"Genuine parts" refers to replacement parts purchased over the counter.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I thought I would be content with a toggle switch to just turn it on and off but I definitely need variable speed :nod:

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

For sure. ................