1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex controller issue? Motor issue? Operator issue?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NaturesEnemy1, Nov 23, 2015.

1. NaturesEnemy1

NaturesEnemy1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Snowex 8000. Has new spinner motor and I believe I put a spinner gearbox on last year as well. Controller is brand new less than 1 year ago from
    Snowex. Stores indoors in the cabinet all summer long. Plugged it in and the power switch was bad. No big deal, I replaced it. Wiring harness looks great. All plugs and connections look great- zero corrosion because we put all new plugs on last week. Here's the issue:

Power it on and spinner started to move, then will move backwards then we get an error code for the auger. Turn it off then turn it back on and it works just fine BUT the spinner knob is controlling the auger and spinner simultaneously. Turning the auger knob up or down does nothing. So somehow the spinner and auger are being controlled by the same knob. Also, when the vibrators are on and I turn the auger knob up and down, I get "chatter " in the vibrators (they seem to get higher and lower pitched sounds with the turning of the auger knob.

I'm saying its a faulty controller box but I don't know for sure. That's why I'm hoping you guys can help me.

1. Brand new dual control snowex brand control box less than one year ago
    2. New spinner motor and gear box less than 1 year a ago
    3. Harness look good. All new plugs and connections last week

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is this the model that it is possible to plug the connectors backwards?

3. NaturesEnemy1

from Ohio

I don't for sure

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Double and triple check your plug in connections at the back. Believe it was a snowex that came into the shop last year that was doing all kinds of funky stuff. Turned out owner had one of the plugs together upside down.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Either the plugs at the controller are backward, or at the Salter itself

6. NaturesEnemy1

from Ohio

Thanks guys I'll check it out