1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex control problem

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by mikeitu7, Feb 11, 2012.

1. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

I have a snowex spreader with the control model of D6527. The controller will turn on but has no numbers on the readings nor will it spin the auger or spinner. Anyone have any idea of what this may be. I can hear the relays clicking but that is about it. Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What kinda spreader Is it powering up?

3. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Veepro 8000

4. dieselss

Should be the small one correct? Just double ck the power wires,,,make sure they are making good contact. Bend the tabs if needed. Sounds like internal issues tho..

5. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

It's the bigger control. It's inside because I put another control and everything works great. I put the one not working back and it will not turn the auguer, spinner or vibrator.

6. dieselss

K. Not sure of what internally I could tell ya to ck. Just look to see if it has any brown or burnt spots

7. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

It should be a relay, going to have to find out how to test them. Bad thing it looks like they are welded

8. dieselss

That's easy to solder them in. Finding the right one is issue I would think

9. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Where to Test Controller

The best way to diagnose and solve your problem is to take your unit to an authorized SnowEx dealer near you. They should have the test kit for diagnosing your problem. Follow the link to our website and check the Dealer Locator for the dealer near you.

10. nwilson1211

nwilson1211 Junior Member

I have fixed many of those control boxes there are a few common (and I am assuming known by Snow Ex) . I have been repairing these and use heavier duty parts and components to resolve the issues. Send me a message if you are still having issues.

Neil
    nwilson1211@gmail.com

11. summitsnow

summitsnow Junior Member

nwilson fixed my snow ex control and it was doing the same thing. Would power on, but no display or power to the spinner. it was repaired fast and at a fraction of the cost!

12. Don Rauch

Don Rauch Junior Member

issue with my snowex D6507

i direct 12 volts to all motors and vibrator then through the wiring harness that plugs into controller that works through to all componants .
    I have 15.5 volts coming to controller.
    Sometimes the power on light is on other times that light is not on but the red leds light up and puts a code Lb .
    Vibrator lights up and works.
    low or no voltage coming out with the red black connections .
    Don't see any burnt wires .
    I believe its in the controller .
    Thanks for any help
    Or can a dealer diagnose just the box ?
    Don

13. nwilson1211

Don, I think I can fix your controller. Drop me an email and we can discuss. Neil nwilson1211@gmail.com

14. Don Rauch

Don Rauch Junior Member

email sent

15. nwilson1211

Thanks Don - I sent a reply with some options for you. Good luck to you, if you need my help, you know how to reach me!

Neil

16. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

It's the white on/off power switch. Jump it out by touching orange/red together, numbers display will kick on.

17. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Thanks. Will try that tom.

18. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Was it the switch??

19. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

nwilson, I also have 2 d6527 controllers that dont work , latest one being 2 weeks out of warranty. powers up box , vibrator light and power light work then just error messages on displays. new controller all works well. Do you fix these for others?