1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex control boxes always breaking down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by port1000, Dec 21, 2010.

1. port1000

port1000 Junior Member

Is anyone else having problems with their snowex control boxes.I have 3 vmax 8500's and all of the control boxes are not working. I would advise anyone not to purchase any snowex products. The customer support is terrible.
  2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I had a 1075 tailgate snow ex that the controller went bad after the 1st time out. Was replaced on warr and never had a problem after. I've since had a vbox 6000 and now a 8000 with no troubles. I know im lucky..ive heard others with issues.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The sad thing is it's only the controllers that are junk. The spreaders themselves are great products. Try karrier.com. They make thier own brand of controllers and harnesses that will work on Sno-ex spreaders, and I have heard nothing but good things from thier products.
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

did you take it to a dealer and have it tested? i thought i had a bad controller i took it in and they tested it and it was good. it turned out to be just a bad connection at the bumper plug. when i called the tech support line they told me where to go to get it tested and that 9 times out of 10 its an issue other than the controller but it always gets blamed.