1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Bulk/Sand Pro 1875?????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JBMiller616, Nov 12, 2008.

1. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Did a lot of searching, and found a little info.

I would like to hear some testimonials from those of you that are using the SnowEx 1875 Spreader. Good reviews, bad reviews, whatever.

I appreciate the help.

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I think mine works great, I never have any problems spreading salt, however I make sure that there are no large chunks when I fill it. I never drive around with salt in the spreader either. Only thing i've had a problem with is wet salt/ sand, it will bridge and I have to have another person riding back there poking it down.

3. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

I will tell you the electric system is not perfected yet. They are slow and do not spread far. You may want to check out any chain drive with a gas motor. they are all very similar. Shop price. People will tell you all day long that the electric is the way to go. This is wrong. Dealer know very little. end users like mayself can tell you what is best. i own oberson's nursery in southern ohio and we put down 200-300 tons of salt on a dusting. a 2 ton electric takes 25-60 min. to unload. a 2 ton gas takes 7 minutes!! wow end of story. 513-678-1597 chad

4. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I don't think that what he's trying to do is spread 300 ton of salt... For us little guys that spread 5 to 600 pounds on a lot a small spreader works well. not comparing apples to apples.

5. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

You're right. I do small apartment building parking lots. I'd like a V box but I need access to the bed of my truck because I haul snow blowers around with me. So the SnowEx seems to be ideal because it has the swing out mount.

6. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

sorry was reading fast. the snowex is great for that application. i was thinking it was a snowex v-box and I am not a fan of that unit at all.
    Chad

7. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

200-300 tons each time you get a dusting????