1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex Auger motor d6320 NEED ONE I'm Columbus Ohio

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by gahannalawncare, Feb 1, 2015.

1. gahannalawncare

gahannalawncare Junior Member

Does anyone have one for sale? If so please call or text to 614-558-8682 please. Stupid thing just went out an it's full of salt haha. Thanks

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Call Angelos they have them

3. germann

germann Junior Member
    from ky

I bought a transmission from Angelos. Aftermarket. It lasted all of 2 months-terrible! I contacted them about warranty, and have not heard anything back. If the unit is more than 3-4 years old and has seen a lot of use, i would just buy a new lower end. They are $805 at Schodorf, but you get a new motor, trans, spinner, auger, etc. The whole package. Basically makes it a new spreader. Keep your old stuff for backup.
    The biggest problem we have with snow ex is the set screw on the auger rusts in no matter how clean you keep the unit. To replace the spinner, you generally have to cut off the auger, which usually ruins the transmission. If the unit is new, I would try it. If the unit is old, I would simply replace the whole bottom end and start fresh. If the $850 part with tax lasts 5 years, that is $170/year. Not terrible.