1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex 8500 problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by john0013, Sep 30, 2009.

1. john0013

john0013 Junior Member

I have a snowex 8500 v box salter,its the newer model with the auger that runs the full length of the polly box.I bought the thing new 1.5 years ago and its worked great until recently.the salt flows out of the thing slower than molases now even when the material flow rate is turned up all the way on the controll box.Ive watched the auger and it seems to be turning at the correct speed the vibrator motor is working fine and the salt i'm using is bone dry pristine salt.But none the less it still takes 45 minutes to empty 2 yards of salt with the material flow rate turned all the way up,I mean it just barely spits it out. nothing is clogged or anything like that either.I have two other salters of the exact same model purchased at the same time and they work great.I've even brought this problem salter in to be looked at and they couldnt find anything wrong with it.I think its a very settle problem that gets worse when there is a load in the salter or somthing?If anyone has any insite on this problem please help.Could the auger motor be going slowly? is the controll box acting up?vibrator motor less powerfull than it used to be new?

thanks john

2. Dan s

Dan s Junior Member
    from ct.

its possible you could have a motor issue or even the controller or transmission for the auger. here is a link go to this site look up the contact us and talk to the owner. i forgot his name but tell him you are having problems with your snowex. he is a wiz and he used to make a lot of the parts directly for snowex but they had some problems. now he make and sells through himself and some dealers. he really knows his stuff and is very willing to help out. he cn tell you som ways to diagnose your problem. good luck. here is the link www.karrierco.com