1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowconcepts, Nov 24, 2007.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I thought I read somewhere that Snowex replaced the vibrator with a new style. Is this true I had problems with my salt flowing in my spreader it seems like the vibrator isn't as powerful as it was when I first got it. Snowex tech dept. had me check the electrical connections- they were good then they had me check how many amps it was to the vibrator and it read ok. Does anyone have any other ideas? Is it possible for a vibrator to not vibrate as much anymore?
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Call Bob at Karrier, he is a sponser of this site and his banner is up above. He is the man that knows everything there is about vibrators. He use to sell to snowex till they went the cheap route. 1-330-823 9597

Good Luck Mike
  3. albertaplowman

albertaplowman Junior Member

Is your vibrator red or black? Are any of the welds broken on the inverted V inside the hopper? The red vibrators are new and improved. Our inverted V welds broke which hindered performance.
  4. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Yes i do have broken weldds on inverted v. Can that make that much of a difference?
  5. albertaplowman

albertaplowman Junior Member

I think it does. On ours I noticed it wasn't transferring the vibrations to the hopper. I noticed this because I was in the hopper shoveling. That was no fun.
  6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Ditto; call Bob. His vibrators are superior.