1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 8000 V Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jul 28, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states. Spreader only, controller and harness not included, although I can price new ones if you'd like. It is also missing the top grate, again....I can get new.

I will power it up to show that it works properly.

Nice shape. Pics to come, located in Griffith, IN 46319

$1,600

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

snowex.jpg

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

pm me what you have for plows to fit a 2003 superduty sorry for muc in up your thread to.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Will do, and no prob. I'm out right now but will when I'm ack on a computer.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Better Pics..............................

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Are you near valpo, IN

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm about 30 mins from Valpo. Straight east roughly to Illiana Speedway and about 10 mins north of rt30.

8. procut

procut Senior Member

Ball park what do think a controller and harness would run?

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Controller is $506.95

http://www.rcpw.com/snow-plow-parts/snowex-salt-spreader-wiring-harnesses-sz-1or1.html

you can figure out what harness you need

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks ajs.

I may have a new harness. I'll look. I can get a new a controller. Personally I'd run it on a switch and a relay and save some cash. It does limit speed to wide open only though.

Worse case if you went new, you'd be into it for around $2,200 or so for a $5k spreader ;)

11. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Bill, I might have to come on over and give you a visit one of these days. You are starting to get a lot of things that I need.

12. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

This won't work in a short bed F-250, correct?

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Come on down Phil, I'll take care of ya.

As for the short bed, it actually will, especially if you use discression knowing its back there. I'll measure it tomorrow and let you know exactly how much would stick out if any. These are shorter than other Vboxes, that I do know.

14. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

If you don't mind, email me the dimensions. I'm interested if it won't stick out too much.

eksnowplowing@gmail.com

15. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Check out ultimate plow on here
    He ran an 8500 out of his short bed all last winter, not sure if the dimensions of the two spreaders are any different, I'd imagine not.

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I just asked my partner and one fit nice and tight in his short bed GMC a few years back, same model, didn't stick out at all.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bump $1,500

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

How much use has it had?

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not really sure. It came on a truck and the guy didn't want the plow or spreader so we bought it all.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

How do I still have this? I figured it would be gone the first day honestly. A $5k spreader for $1,500!?

I'm half tempted to make it complete and put it up for $3,500. What do ya'll think I should do? I guess I could just put it on a truck and use it.