1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOWEX 7500 issues

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by jvm81, Jan 10, 2016.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have had this spreader for a while and never an issue. I have a beyers as well and always something. I like the snowex better as well as far as spreading but this past storm - not good. Started off with 4 inch snow and 30 degrees. Did snow snow but then the wind came in and it went from 30 to 10 below in 24 hours. A lot of blown snow, turning to ice and just awful. I run a sand/salt mixture. First 4 loads not a problem. I went to our shop to reload, and just thought Ill broom out the little left in hopper, if 2 shovels left at all, nothing. I get a 10 99 beep. Turn off, on, vibrate, nothing. Now clean out auger, nothing jammed, put the tester to it, everything was fine. Took spinner off and tried turning the auger but nothing. So my dad took in apart - I still had 7 lots to sand. Off with skid loader bucket and shovel - got a workout. Motor shows power but will not spin. Everything really looks good overall. Fusses are all good. But how do you check the gear box? NOw with everything unhooked, we can easily turn the auger. If I need new motor, go thru snowex or other brand online. Gear box? I seen the motor for $500 on ebay and gear box for $200.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What i would try first is applying 12v right to the motor while it's in the Salter and seeing what happens

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

12 volt runs system. Now what? Vibrator works but......

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Figured it out
    Controlling unit not sending out.

5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Still having issues. I reset the controller and it works. Then it doesn't work. Take everything apart and start over. Is it the controller, motor, who knows. Called snowEx and really no answer besides buy a new sander or all new controller and motor. Don't get it.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try to jump the motor?
    Check all the connectors?