1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 6000 Adjustments

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MarkG, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MarkG

MarkG Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I got a new spinner assembly for my salter and the chute was not installed. After bolting the chute on, I have found the salt is being displaced more on the drivers side of the rear of the vehicle as opposed to equal distribution. I have adjusted the spinner and can't seem to find a balanced location for it to be positioned from the chute. I've decided based on the cold temps. etc. to keep my spinner and auger speeds at the following settings: 99% Auger and 50% Spinner speed. Any advice or tech help would be much appreciated....

Thanks,

I love snow! :realmad:

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Look at this thread. I have made several adjustments to my chute, and it's close but still not perfect. I have a second spinner assembly, thinking about changing out the spinner to something different to see how it does. Also, I don't have the snowex controller, I run a Karrier. Auger is set around 5-6, and spinner is set at 5-6, but will turn it all the way up when I need a larger area covered. And this is with running magic salt.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113620

3. MarkG

MarkG Junior Member

Just wanted to say thanks for listing this. It has helped enormously!