1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 6000/8000 VeePro

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Kent Lawn Care, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Does anyone have an extra control box for the SnowEx 6000 or 8000? i was givin a bill of $1,400.00 to get my spreader up and running this year, since snowex wont fix anything under warrenty (big suprise there). im just trying to get my bill down as much as possible since i have a second one to be taken in thats in worse shape! thanks everyone. P.S. DONT BUY SNOWEX!
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

I have to ask, how old is your spreader?
    And what did they say was wrong with it?
  3. the spreader was purchased in nov. 2002. they told me that all the wiring harnesses are shot and needs replaced. and a couple plugs in the control box are shot and can only be fixed by replacing the whole box.
  4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

If you have maintained the connectors with dielectric grease and the harness had been routed correctly then that harness should have lasted many years.
    The connectors on the control should be able to be replaced.
    If you feel it is a defect in the product you need to call SnowEx direct and talk with one of the customer service reps and ask to have someone check out both items.
    SnowEx takes pride in their products are will work with you if these are defects.
    Or you can have connectors replaced rather then replacing the complete harness assemblies.
  5. we follow snowex's guidlines on how to maintain their product, we even go a little above and beyond on stuff that i think needs to be done. we coat the plug ends with di-electric grease constantly. and im not trying to sound like a dick, but trynex's warrenty and service dept BLOW, they always blame anythign and everything on the contractor, never return calls, wont sell replacement parts so you can save money they make you buy complete items. ive talked face to face to the head rep from tyrnex, because they are ony a few minutes away from my place, he even promised everything in the world to me and told me to put it through with my dealer with his name on it, and guess what, it came back as a denyed fix, then i ended up having to pay for it, i dont know if thats how they get their work done or not, but honestly, i havent been satisfied with their product from day one, and the only reason i still have them this year is because boss has discontinued their v-box spreaders. hope this helped some, and i appologize if i offended you, im not trying to make enemies, just saying what happens
  6. i forgot to add to that for the wiring harnesses, they do make the ends with the pig tails, but you have to call and call and call and demand that they get you one, otherwise they sit right there and flat out tell you they dont make them. also if you feel bored, you can do a search for snowex, i think ive respoded to many questions people have on here about their products and MANY other problems ive had with them, it would take me all day to retype them out.