1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex 575 thoughts

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by anolke, Jan 27, 2009.

1. anolke

anolke Junior Member

I am looking at buying a snowex 575 used 1 year and don't know alot about how well that work if I could get thought on this spearder that would be nice. I am also thinking of a buyers suvpro. thank for any help you can give
  2. groundsmgr

groundsmgr Junior Member

We have a snow ex 1875 at the school didtrict where i work. it does great with ice melt but once you put wet rock salt into it it can get tough. also snowex keeps getting rid of dealers in my area so getting parts are a pain you useually have to wait at leat 7 days.

JRKRACE Senior Member

I'd like to know too. I'm in the market for one and I'm wondering how it would do with bagged Magic Salt or Blizzard Wizard. I like the 575 because it's a 1 person job.

I've also been looking at Snoway as well...
  4. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

I run with a snowex 575 and its awesome. It came on the truck i purchased and didnt think id really use it, but im glad i got it. Saves so much time. We've had a few ice storms already and this thing rocked. I used bagged salt so no worry about wet salt. When i first got it it was locked up, took it all apart, lubed it up, and it runs like a champ. Id say its probably 4-5 years old, the guy before just let it sit before i bought it so thats why it locked i guess. But it holds roughly 8-9 50# bags so its definitely a time saver and for sure a one man operation.
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

we use mostly bulk and v boxes but have one tailgate spreader and its a 575 and i like it for what it is and it will spread clean bulk salt as well
  6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I really like mine. Does a nice job with bagged rock salt for me. I dont have a need for a large salter at this time, and the smaller lots I do can eaily be done with this. It holds roughly 320-350lbs of salt. Its nice because it slides right in my receiver hitch and I can put it on and take it off by myself, empty of course. :D I'd say give it a go if your looking for a low cost way to get into salting and dont need to be spreading thousands and thousands of pounds of salt every storm.
  7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I have one and it is very reliable. For the money though,I would buy the smaller Boss.
  8. ohchit

ohchit Junior Member

9. anolke

anolke Junior Member

Ha Ha thanks ohchit that is the one i got but for some reason it will not work. talk to the guy that sold it to me and we think it is in the control box not being pluged in all the way kind a mad right now cause I have lost a good salting job tonigh cause I could not get it fig.out in time.
  10. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

what does the screen show when you plug it all in? or the screen wont even go on when its plugged in? let me know i had some issues and hopefully we all can help u get it going.
  11. anolke

anolke Junior Member

Thanks for all the help guys I got it fix it was a bad connection at the back of the controler fix it today and it works fine
  12. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I have run hundreds of tons of bagged though mine, never an issue. (Knock on wood). Don't even think of running bulk through it unless its 100% dry.
  13. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I run 1 #50 bag of salt first then fill the rest of the hopper with bulk and the bulk salt I got this year was wet so these units will run bulk salt with no problems, I'm working on my 5th ton of bulk this year.
  14. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I like mine

Great little machine, I really like mine... at least now I do. When I first bought it the salesman said it would run dry bulk, well that was not the case. Turns out it needs a vibrator kit installed, and walla it works great with bulk and mag treated bulk now. I also have been running fine rock salt bags and it does not need the vibe on for that. If you only need to do smaller lots it works great. Holds exactly 8 50# bags of fine rock salt. I have put about 15 tons through mine and I am pleased.