1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 575 spreader Bloomington, MN

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NLS1, May 21, 2012.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey folks, I used this little guy for the first couple seasons of salting and it worked great.
    $350

I installed a vibrator kit, and it flowed Clearlane perfectly from winter 1. Used it 3 years.

It has surface rust from sitting in my garage a couple years without Fluid film. But it worked perfect when I took it off a couple winters ago. Easy enough to check function though.

Has controller in pics, wiring and spreader and vibrator complete. I may even be able to scrounge up the manual, but no promises there!

I lightly backed into a short rotten stump under some snow the first winter which is why the bumper is pushed in. It did not affect the box where the motor is, and never seemed to cause trouble at all. I am sure it could be pulled back out easy enough, just never saw the point since it was just gonna happen again.

The frame also started to sag a little, you will see the close up of the spot where the plate from the hitch mounts to the angle iron. I just used a couple ratchet straps to help support the weight and keep it from rocking in the hitch. I was just going to remove the bolts and then sandwich the angle pieces between the hitch mount and another thicker plate on each side, but then I took it off a couple years ago and never used it again. Bought a 2 yd unit, which we have also out grown and is for sale here as well.

Great little unit, and should serve you well for years. Kinda cute really, just wanna hang it in the kids room and turn it into a candy dispenser!

Call with any questions, nothing to hide with this great little spreader. Heck I think I spent like $300 on the vibrator alone, so hopefully someone can use this cute little thing.

Wow the pictures make it look so sad all alone in the garage, I should go give it a little Fluid Film!

Quick buy it before I bust out the POR-15 and add a $100, hehe :)

In fact, I would even trade this little guy for ammo reloading equipment, I don't even need cash on this one, maybe just something interesting, let me know.

Dan
    763-607-7270

spreaders12.jpg

spreaders13.jpg

spreaders14.jpg

spreaders15.jpg

spreaders17.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2012