1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 575 problems 911

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vincent, Dec 26, 2009.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

When I reinstalled everything a month ago, all worked fine. Tonight I am getting ready for the am and the box is dead. Its getting power and is well grounded, WTH.

Also now the spinner doesn't turn freely. This thing was washed after each use last year, cleaned and put in dry, clean storage. Now what:angry:

I have a feeling the box is dead and the bearing is out on the motor, am I wrong?
  2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Did you test the connector on your truck for power? Or just on your controller. If you have good power try spinning the propeller and see if it goes, Maybe it's a bad brush in the motor. Also make sure your plug gets good contact. Good luck.
  3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yes make sure you have a good contact, both on plug and controller. Get some dielectric grease in there.

The spinner shouldn't spin completely free. There should be some resistance. If there's no salt in the hopper and its stuck, then it might be the bearing in the tranny.

For the controller. Make sure that no wires are pinched or stripped. And check to make sure that you are getting 12v from the battery. If it still doesn't turn on. Then it might be bad.

Can you explain everything a little more? So we can try and help diagnose a little more.