1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 575 problem

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by bhmjwp, Mar 14, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I had been having my controller shut down for brief periods-read up and said to replace power switch-3 prong. Did so and spinner came on briefly, then code E1-short in system. What I have done:

Checked all connections and cleaned.
    Opened up controller-had partially pulled out the 3 wire connector from the switch to the circuit board-pushed back in.
    Ran 12v directly to the motor and works well.

I am stumped!

2. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

I would check to see how many amps the motor is pulling. The motor will work when attached to a separate power source, however it may be pulling high amps, enough to get a error code on the controller.

SnowEx

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thank you. I will get the amp meter out. I did try it on my other 575 but did the same thing. I amps are normal I will most likely have to take the controller in and have it tested. I can't help but think I screwed up the controller when I changed the switch.

4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

can you send controller back to get fixed ,if warrenty has expired . I got 1 that lights up but does not work . i no its went bad ,I put spare on and its works fine .looking to have fixed or just replace , snowex products sponcer please advise thanks

5. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

With regrets we simply do not offer service on controllers. Thanks for being a SnowEx customer.

SnowEx

6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

You know for something that seems to have quite a few problems it really makes me wonder how good the controllers are built............and then have no option to send back and get it fixed when they know that they are not built as good as they should be. Makes me almost want to get rid of my snowex stuff.

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:i love my snowex salters, but don't like their controllers .I have learned to keep spare controllers around .also i have used my western and blizzard controllers on my snowex salters.i run 1075 ,575 also have western 1000 and a blizzard 1000.my western blizzard have run strong all winter with no problems my snowex run strong also except for controllers have give up .I will keep my spreaders but do away with controls and replace with something else . i just bought a new boss controller on ebay for 100.00 bucks to keep as a spare for 1 of my snowex controllers....im done with snowex controllers .ussmileyflag

8. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Do you have to modify the connectors to get these controllers to work? What should one look for when using another mfg. controller. Im new to SnowEx and picked up a used 1075 everything is working at the moment but this seems like some good info.

Duh its just sa variable speed motor controller...LOL so I take it you may need to modify the connectors and make sure its rated for the right HP of the motor

9. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

To me a controller is a controller. 2 wires at the back. I also buy controllers on E-bay during off season cheap and just splice the plug. Has not failed me yet! Someday I would like to find a great universal 2 prong plug and just convert all over.