1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 575 Mini Pro Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JaysLawns, Nov 4, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

I am about to purchase a snowex 575 mini pro tailgate spreader for small commercial accounts. Was wondering if you guys have any experience with this tailgate spreader and it recommends the vibrator kit if you are using bulk salt which is what material I will be spreading.Does the bulk salt every clump up? How reliable is this spreader? Thanks to all that reply.

Jay

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would never again buy a spreader with out a vibrator , regaurdless of the material type to be used...its a nighta and day difference

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If your running bulk it would help to have a vib.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i have one, and i run bulk through it.....but when the bulk pile is froze and all the other salter's that you loaded the day before are froze......all the vibrator's in the world wont help

pj

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i have this spreader and it wont spread bulk without a vibe i dont know how well it will work with one

i spread bagged halite and it works excellent for this

6. MRUSSELL

MRUSSELL Member

definately would recommend a vibrator i have tried to spread bulk in that spreader w/o a vibrator and it was not a good exp.it would do fine if the bulk was not wet but as soon as it got some moisture in it it would cling to the sides

7. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

I plan on getting the vibrator kit then since using bulk salt would be much cheaper than buying bagged ice melt. Just wanted to make sure from the pros that if I use the vibrator with bulk salt that it will work good and be very reliable and wont jam even with the vibrator. Also do you have to run the vibrator the whole time you are spreading bulk salt or just before you are about to spread it? Thanks

Jay