1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 575 help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vincent, Feb 4, 2010.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Just used this last week, its getting power in, but no power coming out. Is the controller bad? I tested the motor lead wire coming out of the box, and its dead.

Any ideas?

Dealer wants $380 for a new one.:cry:

thanks

is there any way to wire this to a switch and forgo the box for a temp fix.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

You can hook it to a switch no problem. Just hook power from the battery to line side and hot wire going to spreader to load side. Now for your controller. I am not familar with this controller. How many wires does the controller have?

3. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Does the power switch light up yet? I know mine is wired into the ignition and hooked up to the battery with a fuse and if the fuse blows the switch stays lit up but nothing else works. I hope this helps. I'm not sure if there all like this though.

4. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

5. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

check switches before buying a new box I have had 2 switches go out on me within the last 2 years $2.50 at radio shack

6. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Ok I found the problem. It wasn't the controller. I ordered a 6 inch extension for the power plug that goes into the back of the controller.

The ground wires were backwards according to how the plug was set up. I switched the ground wire plug ins and wala, it worked.

Now before you say I wired it wrong, I didn't. I undone each wire at a time and hooked them up one at a time.

3hrs to find this, but happy times now.

Thanks for the replys though.