1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 325 stops working during use

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pavwa, Nov 21, 2014.

1. pavwa

pavwa Member

I rebuilt the salter over the summer with a new motor transmission the whole 9 yards. I bought a new truck and rewired it and everything worked great. Loaded it up for the first time with salt and ran fine for a couple minutes then started to pop the fuse and shut off. i checked to see if it was jammed but seems ok. So i managed to get it to work for short burst to empty the hopper. When the hopper is empty it runs fine with no issues. I don't know what to think, is it jamming in return tripping the fuse? any ideas would be great. thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does it have a digital controller?
    Where is your power and gnd hooked up to?

3. pavwa

pavwa Member

4. dieselss

Is the 25 amp circuit breaker factory?
    And again where is the gnd hooked up to?

5. pavwa

pavwa Member

yes factory fuse and grounded to battery as directions state to do.

6. dieselss

Almost sounds like it's overloading the controller. Odd that it's only 25amp. Seems wayyyyy low

7. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Please visit your local SnowEx servicing dealer. They can assist with troubleshooting. Have the unit's motor and trans tested.

SnowEx Customer Care Team

8. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I have the same spreader and have had the same problems. Probably went through a dozen fuses last winter. The best thing I have done is to run the spreader empty for a couple seconds before I fill it, and make sure there's no big chunks of salt when I fill it. I replaced the motor & trans a couple years ago. This year I got a new truck and bought all new wiring. Controller is original. Looks like I might get to use it on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.